Sunday 7 August 2016

Caymans & Dinosaurs - and a Cancer Symposium


My “girl-friends Whatsapp chat-group” was all abuzz with excitement this morning. Someone just bought a black Porsche Cayman. And she had gladly offered to lend rent out one of her cars to any of us who intend to visit her soon.  

I can’t even afford to rent the Sentosa Luge at this point in my life.

The Cayman mass-hysteria began at 9.05am this morning. It's 3.05pm now and the girls are still carrying on with this Cayman frenzy.   



Earlier this week, Madam Ho Ching displayed a most wonderful and touching act of product placement I had ever witnessed in recent years - all for a good cause.   

Seriously, Gaga.


On 2 August 2016, Madam Ho Ching brought along a $14.80 blue pouch with white dinosaur motifs to a Welcome Ceremony at the White House. A nineteen-year-old boy who has autism designed the dinosaur motifs for the pouch.

Dino pouch at the White House

The pouch has since sold out. I just placed my order for this dino pouch two days ago (cheaper than renting a Sentosa Luge, so glad). The waiting time is TWO MONTHS! But then this is the most affordable reptile in-thing I could get as compared to someone's hysteria-inducing two-door, four-wheeled Cayman.


May not be a shiny black Cayman, but I’m sure my mum would be happy to receive this cute Dinosaur thing from me when it arrives. I can now foresee myself confidently placing this pouch next to my girl-friends’ Pradas and LVs the next time we meet. Talk about standing amongst giants.

I just received news from my friend, SE (the one not in the “excited girl-friends Whatsapp chat-group”) about an upcoming Cancer Symposium at the Fullerton Hotel on 23 November 2016.


I’m so glad to have been informed about this event. I heard one of the speakers is an important psychiatrist from the Institute of Mental Health - and could be from either one of the top ten or twenty names from this list. Will definitely attend the symposium – bracing myself for the next very stressful cancer scare, which I really hope will not happen. Hope.


I wonder if I could ever get a chance to take a picture with the lady seated next to the gentleman wearing a "songkok". She's the Co-Founder of Singa Charity Medical.


Will talk more about the Singa Charity Medical Cancer Symposium and fundraising event in subsequent blog entries. Just so glad I could get the opportunity to learn more from experts in this area. 

That’s me. The second one from the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment